Mrs. Murali Mentors Migrants

Originally from India, Mrs. Murali has been in the educational field for three years. Before becoming a migrant tutor here, she worked as one and as an ELL paraprofessional in Fort Smith. She already has a bachelor’s degree in science from Kamaraj University in India, and now Mrs. Murali is currently working on a master’s in teaching from the University of Arkansas at Monticello.

“My goal is to get a standard license as a science teacher because I have a passion for science,” Mrs. Murali said.

Her children inspired Mrs. Murali to become a teacher.

“When I teach my children, I learn a lot of skills from them,” Mrs. Murali said.

One surprising fact about Mrs. Murali is how much she can handle at the same time.

“I have completed 24-semester credits toward my master’s degree with straight A’s while also serving as a paraprofessional and maintaining my family and children studies,” Mrs. Murali said.

Mrs. Murali embraces Mahatma Gandhi’s belief that “the future depends on what we do in the present.”

“By working with students, I am a part of their achievements,” Mrs. Murali said.

Mrs. Murali’s biggest challenge of being a migrant tutor is observing students’ abilities and providing instructions according to their individual needs.

“If a teacher achieves this performance, students will attain their goals,” Mrs. Murali said.

Outside of school, Mrs. Murali enjoys entertainment.

“I like watching movies, spending time with my children and husband, going outdoor activities, and relaxing in the outside of the school,” Mrs. Murali said.