New Faculty: Coach Ludgood

New P.E. teacher and basketball coach, Ms. Ludgood has a friendly smile, is pretty, and has a good personality. For nine years, she coached AAU’s travel basketball team and has been around a lot of kids and athletes who went on to play professionally.

Ever since she could walk, Coach Ludgood had a basketball in her hand. She knew she wanted to coach basketball.

“The older I got, the passion grew, and I knew I wanted basketball to always be part of my life,” Coach Ludgood said.

Coaching summer basketball led to Ms. Ludgood becoming a P.E. teacher.

“I fell more in love with the game, and I wanted to be able to touch more lives, so I ended up earning my degree in teaching,” Coach Ludgood said. “That way, I had the best of both worlds.”

As for Kimmons, Coach Ludgood likes how the students want to succeed.

“I like that the students are willing to work hard,” Coach Ludgood said. “The majority of the girls come in with a positive attitude and make teaching so much more fun.”

Freshman Iesha Tillery likes Coach Ludgood’s way of helping players out with their mistakes.

“Our new coach is good at teaching us new steps in how to play basketball,” Iesha Tillery, 9th, said.

Coach Ludgood likes playing music and getting her students up and moving and doing different types of activities.

“I try to put a spin on all of the activities and avoid handing them a ball and telling them to do whatever,” Coach Ludgood said. “We’ve already done a lot of team building activities, and the students loved them.”

Ms. Ludgood has 4th, 5th, 9th, and high school summer traveling basketball teams.

“I love coaching, so I get to still enjoy my passion of coaching while traveling all over and seeing new places outside the gym,” Coach Ludgood said. “When I’m not coaching, I enjoy cooking for my friends and family. Playing with my two-year-old niece has to be my favorite hobby because she is growing up so fast and absolutely adores her Aunt Kay Kay.”