Sweet-Tooth February

Students who signed up for February’s Candy Buffet Incentive had their pick of tables loaded up with colorful candy such as gummy bears, sour worms, and sixlets. Then, they enjoyed time together with friends in the cafeteria as music played. The Raider Reps and the Positive Behavior Support (PBS) team set everything up and spent close to $400 on the event. Tim Bailey of the Candy Craze company donated the containers, made special labels to promote the event, and loaned jars, saving the organization $100.

“Students seemed to enjoy the tasty candy buffet and loved the new types of candy,” Mrs. Holland said.

Those who spent 250 LiveSchool points to attend found it worthwhile.

“The candy buffet turned out better than I expected,” Alexis Brown, 7th, said. “It was a good time out of class to enjoy time with my friends.”

Having options impressed some.

“I liked that I had a choice of what kind of candy I wanted,” Ybette Del Toro, 8th, said. “I even liked how after I was done picking out my candy, I got to hang out with my friends.”

Aside from the candy, some students enjoyed setting up the event.

“What I liked best about the candy buffet was helping out,” Oneida Ibarra, 8th, said. “The decorations were really neat, and I enjoyed spending time with my friends munching on some yummy candy.”

Even though some complained that they did not get enough candy, others chose to be positive about the free sweets.

“The best part about the candy buffet was that you could get as much candy as you wanted as long as the lid shut,” Olivia Williams, 9th, said.

Students who missed out on the candy buffet have two more chances at supporting their sweet tooth. In March, the PBS team will host an Ice Cream Float incentive. Who doesn’t soda and ice cream? April will be the Ice Cream Sundae Incentive. A scoop of ice cream and a banana lathered in chocolate syrup, covered with whipped cream, and a cherry on top?! Sounds delicious!

The final PBS incentive event will be the May Day event. There will be a DJ, games, hot dogs, snow cones, cotton candy and outside time to hang out with friends.